Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Urban Tracking

I have to get my butt in gear & get out tracking, it's hard to get motivated once you stop for awhile...it's a huge commitment once you begin, lots of early mornings, late nights when it's hot in the summer, & forget about weekends to yourself, you're out tracking!
These are pictures of Tate & I doing an urban track last June in Thunder Bay...urban tracking involves tracking on vegetation as well as non vegetation, Tate really liked urban tracking. The dogs also have to find different articles such as plastic, metal, & then leather.
Our start, Tate trying to pick up the direction of the track......
Tate has picked up his track!!, his head drops & he pulls forward......
Tate has just crossed a sidewalk & is carrying on......
Doing another non vegetation sidewalk cross, on non veg, the dog will carry his head higher......
Here he is checking out the posts, the scent of the track has drifted & he is just making sure there is no article over there......
Tate is at his glove, I never could persuade him to indicate with a down or a sit, Tate just stops dead at his glove & wags!, it's good enough for me!!......
Proud Tate after completing his track, Good Dog!

2 comments:

Kim said...

If you ever need a track layer, let me know. I did a bit of tracking with Bosley when he was a pup - and it was so much fun.

Sarah said...

i'm always good to lay a track too, i haven't tracked in so long!!!

YES it is very time consuming!!!!!!!!!!!

.... which is why I haven't tracked in sooo long!!! HAHA

that used to be Pete's job with Kaleb!!