Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Close Call

What started out as a perfect walk turned into a nightmare. Me, Sandy, Wendy & Amanda took our dogs out walking at an off leash park this afternoon. Sandy's little terrier Sadie spotted some geese & she was on the run. Kort & Mira were following her but luckily they thought better & didn't venture down the steep cliff. I was the closest, as I was running for Kort, when I heard Sandy scream & yell Sadie's name....I looked over the edge to see Sadie had broken through the ice & Sandy was on her belly inching her way toward her. It was straight out of a movie, Sandy reached for Sadie & hurled her onto the top of the ice, she then peeled off Sadie's wet coat & ran with Sadie in her arms to make her way up the steep incline. Amanda had made her way to us by then & was about to go down to help when Sandy got another burst of adrenaline & made it up the incline a bit more....I scooped up Sadie & Amanda hurled Sandy up the rest of the way.
It was horrible to think what might of happened, Sandy & Sadie are recovering at home tonight & I wish them the best. We were blessed today with a happy outcome but it has really affected me .
You can read more about it on Sandy's blog, miradukesadie.
2 pictures of Miss Sadie having fun today......

On our last outing to the same park Sadie got cold feet so I carried her for awhile....wish she had gotten cold feet today......

3 comments:

Jenny Glen said...

Poor Sadie! I read this story to Skid to let it be a lesson to him.

Donna Brinkworth said...

Wow~~! I am just catching up on my blog reading and writing today. That was a close call! Whew!

miradukesadie said...

awwww thanks for your tribute to the demon terrier! I'm so glad she's alright too!!!!