Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kort's First show!

Wow!!, what a weekend I've had! I will just do a quick summary as I need to finish laundry etc. & I feel like going to bed. We were showing early everyday so I was up at 5 am. on Fri. & Sat., & 4:30 am. this morning!! not fun!!
Kort lost out to his litter brother everyday, including the specialty puppy sweepstakes, which was ok by me as this litter is so alike & beautiful that it was a really difficult decision for the judges I'm sure. But, Sat. night at the collie specialty my little Peanut surprised me by going reserve winners male!! The entry was not large, but like I said it was so quality packed that it really was difficult! Kort was amazing for his first show, we haves tons to work on, his movement can be sloppy & he gets a little antsy at times, but he is going to be an amazing show dog, he is really an awesome puppy & I was soooooo proud of how he just went with the flow this weekend, nothing bothered him....he was in 5 shows altogether & that is alot for a puppy.
I have to mention the highlight of the weekend, the specialty judge was Barry Hastings of Kaiteka Collies, he was kneeling down in front of Kort to examine his head when he stopped to talk with Kort & tell him he was a good boy, Kort was kind of nuzzling him, then Barry put his forehead against Kort's forehead for a moment & just enjoyed my puppy, it was so touching. I'm not sure if perhaps Kort reminded him of a previous dog or he was just so happy to be judging. I'll probably never have such a gentle judge appreciate my dog like that again.
Here's our picture, it is wonderful considering I did not touch Kort at all, I just walked up, & Kort's breeder Dave showed him the bait & this is what we got!!
Did I mention how proud I am???!!!
Thanks to Cathy French for the gorgeous picture......

8 comments:

Katie J said...

Congratulations!!! Yeah Kort! We're so proud of you guys :-)

jurneecollie said...

Congradulatins on Kort's reserve at the speciality!!! I'm glad you had a great weekend and Kort did so well for his 1st show.

Sarah said...

congrats!!!!!!

sounds like a great weekend, that is a nice photo!!!!

i love when judge's REALLY seem to love the dogs, i had some great judges when showing K, and it makes it even more memorable!

Paws on the Run said...

Wow! Good for you guys!!!! I'm glad you didn't get lost more than once!

Donna Brinkworth said...

Oh Jolene, I love Barry Hastings, he always struck me as such a nice man who loves his dogs. I will never forget seeing his beautiful bitch so many years ago (Kateika)...she is the dog that made me LOVE shaded sables! I think a moment like that between him and Kort is very meaningful and what a nice gesture to remember at Kort's first show. Congrats! Your story made me tear up a bit. Donna

manymuddypaws said...

Kort did great! You could see improvement every time he went in and I really do think that once he gets the game he will be great. I also think that he is much more handsome than his brother.... :o)

the moment with the specialty judge was very cool. I will always remember it...

I have some photos for you- I will send them to you tomorrow..

Diana said...

Good for you!! The picture is just beautiful. Diana

Kim said...

Congrats on your great showing. I couldn't believe how grown up Kort looked this weekend. What a great boy you have.

Too bad I missed you showing - I really wanted to watch Kort and his first time out in the ring.