Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Winter, gotta love it!!??

As you know it is bloody cold out & we have had more snow!! I'm so sorry, it does seem to be that since I arrived in Lethbridge, in Oct. 07, there has been more snowfall & cold temperatures then ever before!
To cheer you all up I thought I'd post what winter looks like in Thunder Bay!!! These pictures were from 1996 when we got 52cm of snow!! The pictures really don't quite show how much snow that was but here goes......
These are pictures from our parking lot of the apt. that Brad & I lived in....there was about 10 feet of snow that we had to dig through, just to get to our vehicles.
The front of the apt. building....you could not drive, let alone walk anywhere....
My van after I dug it out!, there is a car beside that is still buried......
We had to dig our way out of the apt. building......
Brad is 6'3" & that snowbank behind him was above his head......
This is the garbage shed beside the apt. building....after they plowed our parking lot the snow was higher then the shed....
So, all cheered up now!!!! LOL!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

wow that made me feel better!!! haha

... still sick of this weather though!!!

jurneecollie said...

Oh Jolene, how I remember!!

It was our 1st winter since moving back home from Kelowna BC. The snow drifts were so bad that we had to keep shovelling a small path just outside the back door so that all 3 dogs could go pee! the snow went over our 5' fence and we almost lost Keeper (9mos old at the time) as he went running over the back yards...couldn't tell difference between fences & snow.

Gee...thanks for the memories...hope we don't get another one of those any time soon!LOL

Donna Brinkworth said...

Well that is funny because today I wrote home to my Dad and Sister saying that I am a SNOW SNOB because there were a few flurries in Red Deer yesterday and everyone keeps saying "Welcome to Alberta!" to me, as if it is just too much to take! I heard this is the most snow they've had in 10 years. It's good for the fields, but I have only shoveled once all winter!!! In a funny way I kinda miss good snow.
Donna and the Spiritdance Gang
New to Alberta and also from Thunder Bay! (a snow snob)

Paws on the Run said...

I feel much better. Thanks.