Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Wednesday

I really don't have anything to say!! again!!, so I'm going to talk about my grooming session!
I just came up from downstairs where I was grooming Kort. I thought I would have enough time to do both Tate & Kort but holy cow does Kort have coat! It's quite deceiving because he has a correct fitted coat, but when you get into it it's very dense. I LOVE it!!! All of my collies have been lacking in undercoat, they are inside dogs, especially Tate!! I hope Kort keeps his coat, he will go through his first shed around his first birthday, it will probably big a huge one, they usually are at that age. Fingers crossed it will come back. I am also excited to see what colour he will end up being. He is a tri factored sable so he should get darker as he ages.
To show you what I mean, here are pictures of my collie Drake, amazing isn't it?
Drake at 4 months......
5 months......
3 years......
4 years......
He was such a handsome dog!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, I didn't realize Collies changed color so dramatically as they age. Drake sure was a beautiful boy!

Donna Brinkworth said...

OMG I remember Drake as a baby the first time you brought him to the CLE. Seems like yesterday. There will never be another Drake, he WAS beautiful!