Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dumbfounded

I am totally speechless & in awe tonight....First off, agility class was amazing, I used my new Control Unleashed tools for Kort, & he was totally focused & quiet for the entire class! When other dogs have their turns & run & play , Kort gets excited & barks, or pulls, or whines.....tonight...nothing! Total focus on me!! But that is not the only part I'm in awe with.....after agility I took the dogs for a walk, yes, both dogs, no comments please!! ......we were just turning into our driveway when Kort bolted , charging after a rabbit he had seen in the grass. I had totally missed it.....I calmly said" Kort Come"...& he did!!!!! He came & sat in front of me waiting for his treats!!....just one look over his shoulder for the rabbit, that's it! I'm like freaking out! I think I screamed & jumped on the sidewalk with excitement when he turned toward me.....this is a dog that just 3 days ago would haul me down the street screaming if he saw a rabbit...nothing I tried worked to get his focus off of them. If I could kiss the author of this book I would!, & a huge thanks to the Dogstar Academy for recommending it to me!
Totally amazing!

4 comments:

Kim said...

That's awesome, Jo.

I think Maggie needs a little control unleashed - she goes insane crazy when she sees a rabbit.

Sharrie said...

Happy,happy,happy for you and Cort.

Squishy said...

Kaia in her younger days could catch bunnies and she was kind enough to kill them immediately then eat her kill. Not for the faint of heart.....

Diana said...

WhooHoo!! Thats great. Diana