Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lethbridge's High Level Bridge Turns 100 !

The High Level Bridge in Lethbridge is 100 years old & there was a special lighting of the bridge last night. This is the first time ever that the bridge has been lit up. Wendy & I walked from her house to view it, it was spectacular. I was very humbled to see it all lit up, thinking of all the men that built it 100 years ago. My Baba was 9 years old when it was finished. It is a wonderful piece of history that I am thankful to have in my own city. It is the tallest, free standing trestle bridge in the world, & it is still operational!
Wendy took these pictures & I think they are wonderful!!! I am so happy to have them!
Enjoy!......

2 comments:

Dianne SS said...

Lovely photos! Lighting up the bridge is a neat way to celebrate 100 years! Happy Birthday High Level Bridge! Our High Level will be 100 in 2013.

Squishy said...

This is just the coolest thing ever!!!