Monday, September 14, 2009

Loyalty

I was sick this past weekend. The kind of sick where you wake up at 4am feeling funny, then you start to throw up. Now, anyone who knows me really well will know that this is serious, seeing as I never, ever, get sick. Really, even as a kid, I never got sick & I NEVER throw up!!! I was a bit worried! I feel almost myself today, still kind of weird in the stomach, but after sleeping 14 hrs yesterday I'm back to my old self. The only things I managed to do was check on Chewy , our cat at work, & walk my dogs, I always walk my dogs!
The reason I am posting this is because I found it amazing that Kort didn't leave the bedroom, even with Brad coming & going, he stayed with me. He would jump on the bed, sniff my nose, he likes to smell the air coming from my nose, not my mouth, my nose!!!! Then he would go back to his bed.....I was really touched , not even Tate stayed with me! , funny huh!

5 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

he loves his momma! maybe you have west nile, or the swine flu...

:o)

Paws on the Run said...

oops, that was amanda, not wendy!

Dianne SS said...

I wondered what was wrong as you never go so long without posting on this blog. Hope you are truly on the mend. It never ceases to amaze me how alike our 2 boys are. When I've been sick Duffy stays with me too. This is just one of the many things that outweigh their brattiness--they are very devoted to us.

Sweetpea said...

My collie-girl does this, too. I adopted her from a rescue group when she was about 2 years old, but we bonded immediately. The first time I got very sick was about eight months later. I had a flu of some sort that kept me almost totally bedridden for two+ days (except to shuffle outdoors with her so she could do her business). Other than that, she was my *glue stick*. She lay on her bed next to my bed just snoozing & sleeping (like me) & looking up at me any time I moved... Her usual regime of walks & trips in the car & frisbee games & runs on the beach vanished, yet she never showed one ounce of antsy-ness or frustration.

SO HOW DO THEY KNOW??? Furry blessings, yes indeed.

Hope you are on the mend!

Squishy said...

He didn't want to sniff the barf coming out of your mouth ~ that's why!!!!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad you are better Jolene. I was so worried you feel into a hole somewhere in Canada and you and Squishy were never going to meet!!!!! That would be sooo sad....and of course.....who would do your blog???????????????
Have a great trip and BIRTHDAY!!!