Thursday, September 24, 2009

MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooo mad I could just scream !!!! I had a registered letter waiting for me when I arrived home yesterday. In it were 2 fine notices for my dogs due to EXCESSIVE barking!!!!! I have a ba***rd living across the lane from me.....let me say that again..ACROSS THE LANE! He called in June to complain also, at that time I was issued a warning, my dogs bark, all dogs bark. My dogs do not bark excessively, they are never left unattended in the yard....I just don't understand how he can get away with this.
I have been on the phone all morning talking to various officials to find out MY rights...I am going to have to go to court to fight this, that means a day off work . I have talked to the neighbours on both sides of my house & they never hear my dogs, they are all willing to come to court with me, IF they aren't working that day! So now I am trying to find out if there is something I can pick up for them to sign if they can't go. I didn't sleep all night, I am so pissed. I even called the police this morning to see if I can complain about him! The officer said if I go to court & win, & he keeps doing it, then yes I can.....
Anyway, I am off now to go to the Court House to find out what I need to know....great end to my vacation.

8 comments:

jurneecollie said...

I hear your frustration...that really sucks. One of our neighbors complains all the time about his neighbor's dogs barking (lucky for us he likes our dogs) It's funny how his kids can scream at the top of their lungs all day long (louder than the dogs bark) and you can't complain about them. Go figure!

Hope you can fight this and win...we are rooting for you.

Monique & Michelle

onecollie said...

thanks guys!! you are so right though, he can run his power saw any time of the day, but no one complains about that!

Rohan Shelties said...

Uuuuggg!!! I am even angry for you!!! I have not had any complaints about my girls, but thats because my neighbors wouldnt have a legal-leg to stand on...their kids are outside until 11 PM (kids under 12!!) screaming and playing ball, and another neighbor leaves hos dog out all hours in a pen, barking his HEAD off! I cant BELIEVE how inconsiderate peeople are! And then, on the otherside, I cant believe how bored/annoying other peeople can be! Best of luck with court and the city!
Fingers and Sheltie paws crossed for you,
Sheltie-Mom Jenn, Heidi and Shelby

Kim said...

That really sucks! It is so frustrating to have bad neighbors.

Sharrie said...

My thoughts are with you and a good resolution of this problem. I am lucky that I live away from people because Libby is a barker, but she always has a reason.

Squishy said...

Oh Jolene, that sucks!!! Let me tell you that I had a neighbor that complained about my "yappy" dogs that barked all night. I just wanted to rip his head off, because collies don't "yap" and all my dogs slept inside at night. It was the neighbors little POS's!!!
You might have to try and talk to the neighbor yourself to find out what really is the issue. Are your dogs really barking??? Does he need to meet you and your dogs? Butt licking is appropriate in this situation...IMO.....Good luck. I am sorry. Will all this be better when we die????? Please keep us posted!!!!!

Donna Brinkworth said...

Jolene, I had advice on this from a patrol supervisor. It is a complaint-driven process, so if they get a complaint, they have to warn you. But the complainer must usually give times and dates. You should start to keep a diary of when your dogs are in and out, not home (out with you) etc. Go back and see if you can figure out some times and dates that you are sure of. If you can poke holes in his "evidence" it will really help. It is usually acceptable for dogs to bark at play, bark when you come home from happiness, or bark if someone goes by your yard. It is EXCESSIVE barking that they don't permit. And, if you complained about his saw, they would have to warn him. That is how it works. But you don't want a war with a neighbour when you have dogs. I had a similar experience and my neighbours say my dogs are so quiet they would not know I have them. The only time they bark is when I come home from work. As a courtesy to my neighbours, I am working on that. It is frustrating but some people are just complainers. Compile your own diary and evidence. It will help.

onecollie said...

I like that idea of compiling a record of when my dogs are in or out.....unfortunately this complaint was registered on Sept 6 7:35 am!!! I was home, may have let Kort out for a pee, BUT !!!!, I always stand at the door & wait so I can tell him quiet if he barks...I think there is no winning with this guy! I can't go there or I'll tell him to F-off!!! best to stay away!