Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Ben

Tonight as I was watching Lost, in the back of my mind I could hear a weird gnawing sound, but, because I was watching my favourite show, I didn't pay too much attention to it.
When it finally dawned on me that it wasn't a "good" sound I looked up to see Kort chewing on something. I asked "watcha got Kort?"...& he got up & brought me a small framed picture of my first collie Ben.
I have had this picture, in this frame since 1979, that's 31 years!yikes! Just one Kort deciding to get into mischief & that's the end of that!
Anyway, it got me thinking I should scan it in case something does happen to it. I was lucky this time & Kort only chewed up the frame....must have learned that trick from his friend Pixel ! LOL! The picture is so old that I don't even have the negative for it any more.....yes, negative!!
It scanned really well considering it is just wallet size!
So, here is Ben, in July 1979, on our way to the states where he got his Am CD, he was 4 years old.

5 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

pixel says she was glad it wasn't her being naughty this time...

maybe on her next visit she can teach kort how to find all the goodies on the kitchen table and counters. :o)

Dianne SS said...

Oh that Kort!Lovely picture of Ben.

Visichy said...

I'm so excited you're a LOST fan! We'll have lots to talk about on the way to Camrose :)

Squishy said...

Oh my gosh Kort!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like he's a little jealous!!!! And you make fun of me and Squishy!!!
Love the picture! Reminds me of so many I have of my first collie Kiita.

Anonymous said...

I keep saying I need to scan those old photos in to protect them. You have given me more incentive to get to it. (maybe)

I am usually the one who "hears" trouble in the house. Like you, depending upon how interesting something else is at the moment, I may not react as quickly as I should. Glad you were able to save the photo.