Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Relaxing Morning Walk...NOT!


I thought walking was supposed to be relaxing? I suppose it should be, depends on "who" you are walking with I guess!
I started off my walk at 8am with the boys....Perkins decided to stay in bed, smart dog!
We got approx. 5 steps down the sidewalk & there sits 2 rabbits....great, Kort starts whining, barking, pulling, you know, good stuff!...so, I get all my "tools" working, ask him to "get in", which he does while whining, ask him to heel, still whining, look at me, he glances, looks away, whining, anyway, you get the picture....I get him under control, & off we go again.
Great, it's spring & all the kiddies are riding their bikes to school, on the sidewalk of course, soooo, about 50 times we move off the side walk for the kiddies, & Kort utters a bark at each one , just for fun ! , one kid barks back, yup....
Moving on, oh look, a kid on a scooter, what fun! NOT!...bark bark bark, pull...KORT!!!!! Get in, heel, look, good boy...carry on....
Oh joy, the 2 rotten dogs that have their own doggy door have spotted us from their living room window... they charge outside barking at their fence...Kort has already heard them coming, I have already heard them coming..so, I already have Kort in heel position, Kort look, heel, good boy Kort!
We have only been walking 10 minutes.
In between this both the dogs are stopping to "do their business"....on one such occasion while Tate was, well, you know,...Kort spots something on the sidewalk, before I have a chance to put him in a sit stay he has it in his mouth...yuck!, Grab Kort, yell "drop it", he doesn't, pry open Kort's jaws, pull out the hunk of white grossness, then have to carry on the rest of my walk with gross icky hands covered in whatever foulness that was...are we having fun yet?
Anyway, the rest of our walk was relatively quiet I suppose, I'm so looking forward to my evening walk.....hmmmmmmm

7 comments:

Dianne SS said...

Hahahahahaha! Funny! And I'm laughing with you, believe me! Sounds like my walks--totally. We should go for a walk with Kort and Duffy--what a rodeo that would be!

Squishy said...

What was the white stuff???????? Did you venture close with your nose??? Ewhhhhhhhh!!!!
Sounds like Soleil, if I lived in a neighborhood. I think it must be better to walk the boys in a snowstorm so no one is out!

Unknown said...

ROFL! Good times ;) If you are a morning person (which I am NOT but my husband is and I'm a light sleeper LOL) try walking them earlier. We walk our guys from about 6:45 - 7:30am and see only the occasional jogger.... it's too early for kids or commuters at that time. Of course the white gross stuff is there any time of day LOL!!!!

Paws on the Run said...

Sound like Fun! This is why I prefer off leash - they can run, bark and act like idiots and as they aren't attached to me, I can always claim they aren't mine. ;)

oddman said...

I'da been ripped right off my feet had Andre seen two rabbits out the front door, hee hee. Or have one less arm now.

Andi

miradukesadie said...

Where those my terrors barging out the dog door and lunging at the fence? loll!

Jenny Glen said...

Oh, you know Kort totally wants to go herding! All of that is misplaced herding behavior. Someday you'll have to give in...