Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

This year has been a very different Christmas, I have a house full of dogs which is interesting but fun, I have had no time for anything, my dogs didn't even get their Christmas baths!!! Oh the horror! I hope to at least get them brushed & their feet done before Diana notices LOL!
I did not cook my usual stuffing & chicken this year, we had a selection of M&M's goodies last night & tonight I made a pizza ,
I am missing home more then ever this year, I called mom last night to see if I could smell the cooking over the phone, no luck darn it!
I told my mom I want her to fly here for New Year's, I hope she thinks about it :)
Some pictures from Christmas Eve & day......

My very patient husband Brad♥......

Perkins & Brad playing ......

Kort is such a good host, he let's everyone else have his bed :)......


What ya got ??? ......

I have all 5 dogs attention , look closely, Perkins is in at the bottom of the picture & Lacey is in the top right corner.....
No comments on my pj's please, my mommy gave them to me :)......

I received an unexpected & wonderful gift this year from my brother Brian, sister Joanne, & sister in law Wendy....
A glass ornament of my dad, it made me cry, I have been trying not to think about him not being here this year.
I will treasure the ornament, I like the spot that I hung it on the tree, dad is overlooking the curling rock ornament that I bought him a few years ago, it hung in his hospital room until he passed away in July, then my mom gave it back to me. The owl watches over it too, I inherited my love of birds from my dad, Merry Christmas Dad ♥ ♥ ♥......

4 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Thanks Kort for giving up your bed. And I'm not surprised at all by Lacey clinging to your leg. :). Thanks for the pics Jo. I miss them.

Squishy said...

OHMYGODTHEFEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you didn't show them!! I probably couldn't go to your blog anymore!!!

So sorry about missing your dad & family. It really sucks. When loved ones leave us. This year was the first time in 4 years that I felt so much better. But, the pain really never leaves completely ~ it gets shoved down a bit with distractions. So you are not alone and I have been thinking about you a lot on this holiday. Your dad is still close though. Really, really, remember that and you will see him again. And, when you do, it's like you guys were never separated. I really feel that with all my being.

Dianne SS said...

I too struggled to get Christmas stuff done. My back hurt so much I had to sit down every 10 minutes and then about 8 PM Christmas Eve I finally resorted to Motrin to get through all the cooking and dishes. We had pizza Christmas Eve!!I don't have 5 doggies under foot though!! You're amazing--to take on those extra dog duties!

A beautiful and cherished ornament--lovely gift from your family. I struggled to keep tears at bay a couple of times yesterday--I wore one of Mother's coats and a ring--that helped. But the day wasn't the same.

Do you know how to make holupche and perogies? If not, you should learn--carry on the traditions and all that!!

And I LOVE your pretty pink jammies!!! So cute!!!

WigglyZack said...

It must have been hard for you this first Christmas without your dad. My mum died when I was 10 so I know it is really hard this time of year. Glad to see you had your house full of four legged happiness - hopefully it helped take your mind off things and provided you with lots of laughs. Merry Christmas from Zack and me.