Sunday, December 5, 2010

He Did It !!!


This morning, very very early, Amanda & Pixel, Sarah & Kaleb , Kim & Bosley & me & Kort, drove to Calgary for an obedience trial.
Kort was a super awesome boy & finished his CD with a score of 186, & a 4th place in Novice A !!!!!
To say I am proud would be an understatement....Kort & I have been through alot together and he is teaching me more then any collie I have had before him. He is also the youngest collie to get his CD that I have trained. He is 2.5 yrs old.
He was super on his heel on leash, he sat each time! His figure 8 was great as well, then the heel off leash :))
Let's just say Kort thought maybe it was time to lighten things up a bit, during the last quarter of the heel pattern he started tugging on my pant leg..like seriously tugging & pulling, I could have killed him but it was so funny I just had to laugh, what else can you do.
I am super lucky to have had Sarah tape it for me, can't wait to post it for everyone to see :))
His recall was nice & fast, although he thought maybe he should jump up on me before sitting, then of course he couldn't remember how to return to heel, even though we had just practiced.
Time for the dreaded sits & downs came, he had me slightly worried, he really liked the smell of the Chesapeake beside us & busily sniffed the air toward her.....on the downs the dachshund broke & I'm sure he was thinking, oh looky there, it's Perkins!!!, Then the chessie beside him broke & returned to her momma, all the while Kort was watching his lovely smelling girl walk away , but he stayed !!! Good boy!!
Can't wait to start my open training with him!

Here are a couple of pictures from after the trial......

Kort & Pixel, NEW CD's !!!!......Kaleb, NEW CDX!!!!!

Sarah & I ambush Amanda with a hug because she LOVES to hug !......

10 comments:

jurneecollie said...

YOU BOTH DID IT!!!!!! IT"S ALL ABOUT TEAM WORK!! :-)

Congradulations Jolene! We couldn't be happier for you.

M & M

Dianne SS said...

Whoo Hoo!!!!! Yippee!!! Hooray!!!!!! Congratulations to you and Kort!!!!!♥♥♥♥

onecollie said...

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna Brinkworth said...

I'll say what i was told many years ago when Kate pulled the same stunt in heeling - the judge said to me - it is SO NICE to see a happy collie in obedience! GREAT JOB!!! I am sure he will have a CDX quickly too.

onecollie said...

I agree Donna...
I had a lot of nice comments on him today, one from a lady working her OT. CH. lab in utility, she came up to tell me what a delight it was to see a collie with so much animation, she had been so used to see collies that just looked "dead" in their eyes....
I'm a proud mommy!

WigglyZack said...

Way to go !!! Congratulations

Diana said...

Congrats!!! WhooHoo!!! Diana

Sarah said...

he was great Jo!! and I promise Video to come :)

Kim said...

Congrats Jo and Kort! Kort is such a good dog and the positive comments people made were well deserved. I really couldn't help but laugh when he tugged at your pants and shoe during the heeling pattern. The judge had a giggle too - Kort knows how to lighten things up :)

Squishy said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you and Kort & everyone else on their titles. What a great day!!!!