Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Mean Lady

There is a mean lady that walks her dog in the same park as Tate & I.
I have been walking there everyday, actually twice a day for the last 4 months.
I always say good morning to the mean lady as she passes by, I'm lucky if she manages a "hi" but she never looks up or makes eye contact.
Now I admitt, not everyone is outgoing or friendly, but come on, would it kill you to be pleasant once in awhile?
Anyway, yesterday I had Tate loose in the park, I know, bad bad, but....everyone else does too! So I was talking to another girl when I hear "Excuse me!!, Would you mind putting your dog on leash!!" Tate was standing about 5 ft from me, just standing there, really. So, I said in my nicest voice " sure, no problem" & quickley went over & leashed Tate. Well mean lady wasn't finished with me, she continued with " this is not an off leash park, it is extemely dangerous to have dogs off leash" So, now I'm getting annoyed, why is she picking on me?? The park is FULL of dog poop, not from my dog I might add, & loose dogs, I am a very good dog owner, I never let Tate go up to people or dogs when he is loose, I grab him well before anyone passes by. Anyhoo....I turn to the mean lady & I say in my sarcastic voice " I deeply apologize , it will never happen again, then because I am me & don't take crap from anyone, I add, "when you're around" Did I have to add that ??? Oh well, it's done & over with, but I did see the mean lady this morning & I quickly ran over to Tate & leashed him before I had to bare her wrath again!

2 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Congratulations on the blog. Just a warning..they are highly addictive!

onecollie said...

So I'm finding out!!!