Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just By Chance!.....

Last year I was looking through some collie blogs & just by chance I came across one that had a tri colour female collie pictured on it, & she just happened to be a daughter of "Chip". Chip is also Tate's dad...so I left a comment on the blog & the rest is history so to speak. The owner of the blog was Diana who has Entais Collies in California, check out her blog under my favourite blogs, collieshorsesartlove. Since then we have been e-mailing back & forth & getting to know each other. We have so much in common & even though we have never met in person, Diana has already become great friend!
So, it got me thinking that maybe if I could save some money, I could fly out to see her for my big 5-0 this September! When I mentioned it to Diana she was thrilled. Diana also has a blue merle collie that I have totally fallen in love with, his name is Ty, but I nicknamed him Squishy, cuz when you look at him you just want to squish him! Soooo, this led to Diana saying if I come to California, we could go for Squishy walks, & groom Squishy, & drink Merlot, which we both love. I e-mailed Diana to say it had to be "Squishy Merlot"!
Well Diana brainstormed & has produced the first ever Squishy Merlot! Now I just have to go to California to get it!!!

8 comments:

Squishy said...

You crack me up Jolene!!! I LOVE the blog post!! I got all teary eyed reading it!!!! Geeeezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squishy doe so want to meet you and have you drink his famous Merlot!!! Hahahaha!!! I'll even show you "ducky white" when you're here!! I can't wait!!!! Squishy Squishy Squishy!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to send out a Blog Alert for YOUR blog now!!!

onecollie said...

awww Diana, your so sentimental :), me too!, another thing in common!

Squishy said...

I'm so very sentimental it's scary!!!

manymuddypaws said...

the merlot bottle is too funny...

you guys are a little **too** alike. :o)

Paws on the Run said...

Diana, you should start a wine label business. I want a Coulee Chardonnay please!

onecollie said...

that is funny Wendy, I'll get Diana right on it!! Perhaps a Pixel Zinfendal & a Tate Pinot Noir !!!

Dianne SS said...

I think we all want a personalized dog wine label now! That's a great plan Jolene and a great way to celebrate a special birthday!

Squishy said...

You guys all are great! I would love to really design a nice label ~ it's in my head!! Beautiful illustration with a hand designed font.