Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Kort & I started the next level agility class last night & as it increases in difficulty I now know where we are & what we have to do to improve......
Thumbs Up......
Kort is finding the weave pole entry about 8 out of 10 trys with increasingly difficult angles
He is solid on his start line stays
He is very focused on me & even though he is off leash & there are 10 other dogs loose , he sticks with me
He is very food motivated & will try many behaviours to get his reward, also a thumbs down!, see below
We are both enjoying the experience & looking forward to continuing

Thumbs Down.....,
Kort is very food motivated & will try many behaviours to get the reward, this can be a problem as he doesn't stop to look or listen to me for direction, he just does things on his own..
Kort does not like to jump,
He does not look for a jump ahead of him, he'd rather go around if given the opportunity
I have 2 left feet!!, I just can't figure out my "turns", my problem, not Kort's !

All & all things are looking good!

2 comments:

Dianne SS said...

Gee, that very food oriented and trying all kinds of things to get it--sounds sooooo familiar to a certain Collie I know! We just started practising our stacking etc. and the same thing is happening. But Kort staying focused on you is great!

Squishy said...

I never noticed those 2 left feet in any pictures!! Kort sounds a little like my Moku, who was very high drive, food motivated but just would do things without thinking or listening to me. He was frustrating. He was a better dog after being neutered, though he was girl-crazy and so far it sounds like Kort isn't like that.