Monday, January 11, 2010

Go Figure!

I don't know how this one snuck up on me, but, I want a flatcoat!!!!!! Lethbridge is like flatcoat heaven, & I just keep looking at them, & I totally want one someday!! Sarah said I could totally own one as you have to be a goof ball, & Liz said that you need a sense of humour! I am a goofball & have a sense of humour...hurray, I pass the flatcoat test!
Of course I'm going to be picky & wait for a liver, which apparently are more rare then the blacks. I would get one from Liz Saunders who has the "Blazingstar" flatcoats, if she'll sell one to me! I have seen Liz's dogs first hand as I am not only in classes with Liz & her dogs, but most of the other flatcoats in the class are also from Liz, except for Kaleb who is from Prairelight, & Roxy who is from Affinity kennels.
The following pictures are of Liz's dogs that she graciously allowed me to use for this post!
thanks Liz!



9 comments:

Kim said...

I never met a Flatcoat before I started training with Sarah and Amanda. I really like the breed too - I love their sense of humor and goofyness. And they are gorgeous to top it all off.

Sarah said...

uh oh, now you're hooked!!!!

Jo, there is one more test .... can you handle the licking and bruising on your legs from the constant tail wags :)

you would do great with one Jo!!!!! Maybe a Tinbie baby :)

Just inc ase you aren't totally sold on the breed yet ... did you know that at the US AKC Tracking Invitational, one of two dogs to pass this year was a Prairielight flat-coat, her name is Bella and she is 9.5 years old - a tracking champion too. I'll give the new copy of Flatout to you to read the article :)

onecollie said...

LOL! Sarah!, it's the licking & tail wagging that I love!!
Tinbie is my favourite!!!!
I would love a copy of that magazine...maybe I'll get a subscription!

Donna Brinkworth said...

Jolene, say hi to Liz and Andy for me! I know them and love their dogs. Met them at the National in Thunder Bay and stayed in touch. Did you know the same family (father and son) were the "fathers" of both the Flatcoat and the Collie? Speculation that they may have been interbred way back when. I love them too, and they can TRACK!! I have also nearly got one and love them.

Donna Brinkworth said...

Oh yah, I think Bella was at the CKC Nationals when it was in Thunder Bay and got her CKC TD as well. I remember the name! But Jolene, you will have to get into Field and when I tracked with Flatcoats, they simply DOVE into MUD!

Blazingstar said...

Thank-you Jolene!

not all of the flatcoats in our class are from me - Kaleb is from Prairielight kennel (where we got our first dogs from) and Roxy is from Affinity kennel.

Bella is Lupine's aunt, and Tinbie's great-aunt! The flat-coat world is a small one :-)

We would be happy to have you join the FCRSCanada!!!

onecollie said...

I knew flatcoats reminded me of collies for some reason Donna! LOL!

Squishy said...

Wow Jolene, they are really cute! Tirzah's sister Gallarette lives with 2 flatcoats. I love the photos. Just gorgeous! The one profile shot looks like SeaB!! Hehehe!! I hope you get a squishy first though!!

Dianne SS said...

Very interesting! You could end up with 4 dogs before long!