Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can we keep it?.....


This morning I had Kort with me out in the front yard....he kept hanging around the corner of our neighbour's deck for the longest time. I would call him, he'd come to me, look at me, then head back to the corner. I didn't think too much of it at first but then realized something must be there. Well there was, a dead rabbit. When I approached, Kort looked up at me then back down to the bunny & gently nosed it, then he looked back at me again. I went into the house to get a bag to put the poor bunny in while Kort stood guard over his find. He was very anxious as I was putting the bunny in the bag, he kept trying to see it & push my hands out of the way. He followed me to the garbage & watched as I put the bunny inside. He stood around sniffing at the garbage, then ran back into the front yard to the spot where the rabbit had been, then back to the garbage again....It was kind of sad really, Kort was so gentle, I think he knew the rabbit was dead, but at the same time I think he wanted to keep it.....poor bunny....poor Kort.

10 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Awww. Poor little bunny. I wonder what happened to him.

onecollie said...

I know, there was no blood or anything, maybe he froze....

Squishy said...

Poor dead bunny! Why was it dead? Why is the one in your blog alive??

onecollie said...

Diana!, I couldn't post a picture of the dead one! LOL!

Cait said...

I love how gentle (most) collies are. :) I think it's one of the special-est things about them. :)

Dianne SS said...

Awww how sad for the bunny. How sweet was Kort though--collies are just the best about everything and especially about being sensitive and gentle towards the helpless and sick.

Donna Brinkworth said...

Wow that is such a Lassie story! Caden and Jet would have been tossing it around and fighting over it now that they are on a raw diet, LOL.

manymuddypaws said...

awww, how cute (and sad) that Kort was worried about the bunny....

Diana said...

Aww, poor bunny. Diana

Squishy said...

I gotta say if my dogs can catch a bunny, it's history! And, Kaia was the bunny catching collie of all time! I guess I'm glad you didn't put the dead bunny picture up. You're so sweet Jolene. Remember I'm the one with Hoof In Mouth! Hehehe!!