Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Group

Since I have been having such a tough time with the death of my mom I have decided to join a bereavement group.  We meet on Tuesday nights and it goes for 2 hours.  Last night was my second class and I find it very helpful to be able to talk about mom and get what I need by having people listen and validate my feelings. 
I can cry if needed, and it doesn't feel dumb, or like I'm being foolish. 
I can't talk about who is in the group but it is a nice small group of just the 4 of us.  I can tell you I am not the oldest which really surprised me! 
The room is cozy with comfy chairs and nice smells from oils they have going in an infuser.  There are 2 instructors, I guess that's what they are called, they help keep the flow going so there is always something to discuss.  I wouldn't think I was the kind of person that would get something out of the group but I am and I'm glad I signed up for it . I am already looking forward to my next session.

1 comment:

Dianne SS said...

I'm glad this is helping you. I was wondering and was going to ask a couple of times when we were chatting on FB, but then we'd get onto other topics and I'd either forget or felt it wasn't the right time. SO this is good to hear. I think the leaders of these type of groups are called facilitators?