Sunday, August 10, 2008

Those Darn Ears !!!

I swear, these collie ears will be the death of me!!! I wish I lived next door to Dave & Shawn, Kort's breeders, then they could do his ears for me!! Of course, I don't, so I have to do them myself! All the necessary adheasive spray & glue finally arrived so I could put it off no longer.....I had to get that darn brace back in to assure Kort has the proper ear carriage.....
I was off to a great start this morning, I managed to get the ears all done & took Kort off the grooming table. Well, my wonderful puppy proceeded to run all over scratching his ears, and rubbed his head all over the carpet until he finally got them out!!!!........ just insert the appropriate curse words here!
Sooooo, back up on the table for attempt #2.....but this time I had a plan!! Brad had a left over chicken leg from last night, so, I held it in my mouth, yes, that's right!, in my mouth! Kort sat & watched the chicken leg while I did his ears....then after I was done, I SLOWLY fed him pieces of chicken until he forgot that there were foreign objects in his ears!! Success!!! Yahoo!!
He has scratched at his ears a few more times today, but so far so good, the brace has held....
Here are 2 pictures of my "angel" tonight with the brace still in (knock on wood!!)

2 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

I'm so glad you finally got the stuff to stick, Kort to sit still, and the glue to survive scratching!!!! I had no idea ears could be so complicated. ;)

onecollie said...

you & me both, LOL!!!