Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Collie/Cat

Since Kort was a baby some of his mannerism's have reminded me of cats. In the morning when he wakes up, he stretches, then weaves around my legs! It's weird! I've never had a dog do that. He loves birds, I have mentioned this before. He really is fascinated by them, he will stop walking to watch them fly by, he will stand in the middle of the street if he sees one on a lamp post, he sits or lays, in front of the window to watch them, he also stalks them like a cat. He really likes the magpies because they are not afraid. They will stay on the ground & practically let Kort come right up to them. This morning on our walk he carefully & very very slowly stalked one, taking one small step at a time...it was hilarious. Then when he gets really close, he sits to watch them. We walked by the lake in Nicholas Sheran Park this morning & lucky Kort saw a flock of geese. He runs down toward the shore, plops himself into a sit, while Tate & I are bored to tears, he sits & stares. Eventually Tate & I say "lets go" & I have to pull him from his spot! When we got home he ran to his bed in front of the window, yes, I put his bed back!, & watched his birds! I took a couple more pictures of him until he looked at me as if to say, "stop it, you're scaring the birds with that stupid flash!"
My little collie/cat bird watcher......
Kort's "stop taking pictures" look......

7 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Well at least he is easy to entertain!

jurneecollie said...

OMG! The way you describe Kort is like you describing Jurnee to a tee at that age...are your sure these 2 are not related??? We also never had this with our other dogs...LOL

Donna Brinkworth said...

Well Jolene - that is definitely showing a strong interest in HERDING! I think you should take him to Scott's on the next all-breed day and just let Scott introduce him to some sheep; I will put money down that if he is stalking and using his eye, he will have a lot of instinct. That is what collies were bred to do!!
Donna

onecollie said...

Gee Donna, I never thought of that! But, I don't know...all that sheep poop! LOL!!!

Donna Brinkworth said...

This is the perfect time! It will be frozen (and even yummier). When I met him, he struck me as so confident and bratty, I would bet he would love to boss the sheep around. haha! (PS, I am not in cahouts with Jenny, hehehe! we just both saw the signs...) Donna

miradukesadie said...

Kort is too cute! Better get a bell on his collar! lol! By the way I couldn't figure out why your blog looked so weird but I think its that your font is so stinkin' small I need a magnifying glass to read it!!!!!

onecollie said...

funny Sandy!...I changed the colour, that's whats different