Thursday, November 20, 2008

Old Blue

Last night on my way to dog school with Kort, I noticed Old Blue,aka., my van, was quite a bit louder then he normally is. Upon arriving at class I took a peek underneath, & it didn't look good!
So, early, very early, this am., Old Blue had emergency surgery.
Before surgery...... Now, if any of you gals out there take care of all your car repairs yourself, you know what it's like to walk into "man's land". There were 3 men in the shop this am. when I walked in, they were having a manly discussion I'm sure. Of course when I walked in the discussion stopped & it became silent, uncomfortably silent. I had to wait for my van for an hour, & these men were there for the hour also. They weren't waiting for their cars to be repaired, that became quite obvious , rather they were just enjoying hanging out in "man's land" together. They did resume their conversation after a bit, motorcycles, fishing trips, garages, & vacations were some of the topics of the day. I felt in the way, like I was listening in on something! Anyway, I was glad to leave, & the men were still there when I left, probably glad to see me leave too!

Old Blue after surgery, $235 later & good as new!......