Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Role Reversal

Sooooo, interesting morning!!
I took the dogs for their regular hour walk this morning, when we got to a huge area where I knew it was safe, I let them off leash. Well, Kort still drags a leash, just in case I need to catch him!! We were having a great time, I threw the ball, they ran & chased, then, Tate got the zoomies & Kort ran after him. The more Kort chased, the faster Tate ran. When I thought Tate was going too far, I called for him to come....he kept running! So my next thing is to yell NO! COME! , this always works as Tate hates to be in trouble...not today apparently! So with Kort merrily chasing his big brother, I yell again, Kort stops dead in his tracks, turns to look at me, then turns back to look again at Tate still running along, & decides to come to me!!! Hurray for Kort!!! What a party we had when he got back....Tate on the other hand did not get a party, Tate got some very firm words & tone to my voice, which usually melts him. Today he just looked at me & took it! Bad boy Tate, no more running loose for you! Bad Jolene for thinking Tate is perfect, shame, shame, he's really just a dog! Lesson learned!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

say it ain't so!

hehe

Kim said...

Oops! I deleted my comment by mistake.

Oh Tate! :(

Don't worry Tate, I won't tell Maggie that you are not always perfect. But then again, maybe she would like you even more if she thought you were one of the the "bad boys" ;)