Monday, December 29, 2008

Stupid winter, Stupid snow, Stupid Jolene!


I had to fill the bird feeders up today. It's hard now that we have had so much snow, I have to get up the ladder as I stupidly put the feeders nice & high up in the trees so I could watch the birds from my deck. The filling of the first 3 went smoothly enough, but the 4th one was above one of those lovely packed snowbanks. After maneuvering the ladder around a few times I found a safe spot that I could put the ladder in. I got up & grabbed the feeder, climbed down, & then instead of stepping on the last rung, then onto the snowbank, I just jumped down to the bank, missing the last rung. Well, the snowbank gave out, of course it did!!, I fell, hard, on my left hip first, the one that has been aching with arthritis for a year, that sent pain shooting all the way down my leg to my ankle!, then came my elbow, whack!!, also full of arthritis, next my wrist, thump!, then to top it all off, the side of my head, which made a surprisingly empty sound as it hit the driveway! Maybe the fall knocked some sense into me.....
soooo how was everyone else's day!!??

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Jolene! That is awful. I hope you get feeling better soon.

--hey, at least you will have lots of birds to watch while you are recovering ;)

onecollie said...

ah yah, I suppose I could look at it that way! LOL!!

manymuddypaws said...

i had to laugh. sorry! hope you are recovered!

onecollie said...

that's ok, I laugh at myself ALL THE TIME!!

Diana said...

Im glad you are ok. Falling is always weird. It feels like you are falling in slow motion but you cant stop anything that is happening. diana