Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tate Update

I realized today that I have forgotten how much of an improvement Tate has had in the last 2 months. Tate was diagnosed with arthritis in his elbows & wrists...this year was very hard for him, & he continually got slower & slower in his movements. He used to love to play agility & run like the wind, a favourite game was chasing his ball. He spent most of this year in pain & I couldn't even take him on his full walks. He got slower & slower until he was walking behind me on the way home. I finally resorted to getting him some pain medication. All of this changed when I decided to take him to the Edmonton Holistic Veterinary clinic at the end of Sept. You may remember me posting about it then. When there he saw Dr Veronica Devall, she did acu-puncture & chiropractic work on him where he needed adjustments. She also send me home with some Chinese herbs that have big long names!!, they were to help his body overall. Anyway, it's like I have a different dog now, the changes happened so slowly that I didn't even realize that they were taking place, that is until I looked again at the pictures Wendy took of him when we went to Writing On Stone....Tate is totally off pain medication , he has been since Sept. He runs, & jumps & chases his ball. We can walk for an hour again & he doesn't lag. Wendy will remember how hard it was on him earlier this year when we went to that Provincial Park. When we went to Writing On Stone, we walked way further & he didn't even slow down. Whatever Dr. Devall did for Tate worked. She now has a practise in Calgary so we will be going to see her again next year....I can hardly wait.
Here are pictures of Tate having the "zoomies"...I couldn't stop laughing as he ran around me, I'm surprised Wendy was even able to capture these!

3 comments:

Diana said...

How wonderful!! Diana

manymuddypaws said...

I am glad he is feeling better!!! he's a very good boy

Donna Brinkworth said...

I think having Kort around has been great for him! I know I was feeling much like Tate until I got my puppy hahaha!
Donna