Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside!!!

What do you do after the blizzard ends & the temperature falls to minus 35 degrees?....you bundle yourself & your dogs up, & go for a walk, right?....well.....it sounded like a good idea. At first I was only going to take Tate, Kort had never worn boots before & I didn't feel like breaking him in today, but as soon as Tate & I stepped outside, Kort starts to bark bloody murder, & because Brad was still sleeping, the bugger got his own way & I went back in. Getting the boots on Kort was difficult as he kept trying to eat them, now I'm baking hot as I am fully dressed for the conditions...so we go outside to finish, but now my fingers are frozen solid & I'm not happy. Off we go with Kort just beside himself with excitement at all the snow, jumping & leaping with delight, & making his boots come off, ah yeah, 3 times..... now my fingers are screaming with pain from being exposed over & over, & I'm getting crabbier by the minute, also, no one has bothered to go out & shovel their sidewalks. I am trudging in knee deep snow with 2 dogs....I finally get to an area I can let Tate loose & off he goes running, only to loose a boot in the knee deep snow. Then the wind decides to kick up & blow the snow around making it harder to find his stupid boot! I just want to go home & get back in bed. I did find Tate's boot though! When I finally arrived home I was in better spirits so I grabbed the camera & took a few pictures of my darlings!....I think tommorrow I will go to the inside Dog Park at work!!




7 comments:

Kim said...

The cold sucks! I need to get boots for Maggie and Bosley. I get tired of stopping and picking out the snow clumps that get stuck between their pads.

onecollie said...

anything below minus 20 & Tate picks up his feet!!

manymuddypaws said...

so was it worth it??? :o) haha...

you'll learn

jurneecollie said...

That is so funny Jolene, as we were just about to go for a walk and was for the 1st time are going to try the boots on Jurnee & Faith. It's not even cold out yet and they have been lifting their paws.(sensitive feet)

Tate & Kort are so cute with their boots...Where did you get them? I love them.

miradukesadie said...

Oh Jolene! I can't believe you went out in this!!!

onecollie said...

Michelle & Monique...I get them at Walmart!!
Sandy...yes I surely did!....crazy, I know!!!

Diana said...

I do not know how you guys live in such cold weather. Im complaining when its in the 20's in the morning. Love the pictures with the boots on. Diana