Friday, January 16, 2015

Show Weekend!


Lync competing at the Flatcoat National in August 2014

Taking a short break from packing and getting ready to leave tomorrow for Calgary.  It is the AKC winter show at Spruce Meadows.  It is so hard to believe that this was Lync's very first show ever!  He showed last year in Baby Puppy class, he was a rockstar and I knew he loved the show ring.  Pat Kopec showed him for me as I was still recovering from my accident, he won Best Baby Puppy In Breed.

I also competed in Scenthurdle with Kort and he got enough points to get his Scenthurdle Masters title.   Tate was alive and doing well, he came up with us as well.  Things sure have changed since last year.  This year I am traveling up with only 2 dogs, Kort has been retired from Scenthurdle due to his continuing back problems, and Lync is sitting on 9 points toward his Championship with only 1 more to go!
The entry is great, 16 on Saturday and Sunday!   He just needs 1 Winners Male to finish, fingers crossed, it won't be easy as the entry has some gorgeous dogs in it!!  If I am unsuccessful this weekend I will go up to Medicine Hat in July , and possibly Red Deer.  There is a show in Cochrane that is sooner but I will be going to Thunder Bay at that time for my sister Joanne's Wedding, maybe I can convince someone to take Lync to the show?  We will see, I would like to be the one to get the last point on him.

I would also like to travel to the States this year and get a start on his American champion.  I have never had an American champion, I never took Tate or Kort to the States, I showed Drake in the States and he had 7 points I think but I never finished him.

Lync will be the 4th dog I have put Championship on, and the first Flatcoat.  My plans are to let him grow up until he is about 3 before Specialing him in any capacity other then our local show.  We have Obedience, Scenthurdle and now Agility to keep us busy until then .

Ok, off to finish packing, then I need to bath Lync too!

2 comments:

Sharrie said...

Very nice picture of you and the two dogs at the top of your blog. Good luck to you two in the show ring.

onecollie said...

thank you Sharrie!!