Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wishful Thinking



I know I've been slacking on my blog these days...sorry :)
I have been totally consumed with Kort, his diet, what he should or should not eat, what he can & can't eat....cooking, not cooking, raw, not raw, kibble no kibble, I'm going crazy :( plus cleaning up his numerous bouts of diarrhea, inside & outside almost everyday, & generally just stressing about him :)
Today I take in a stool sample to have it checked for bacteria....this is what I am getting it checked for.....distemper virus, enteric corona, cryptosporidium, clostridium, parvo, giardia, & samonella.
Is it wrong to hope it is one of these things & I can just treat him & he will magically be well ?

3 comments:

Dianne SS said...

If it turns out to be one of those things, one would still want to look beyond that to what has caused the problem in the first place. Allopathic (Western medicine) treats symptoms, chiefly by meds, but never gets down to what has led to the imbalance in the body. This is where homeopathy is so important--it strives to correct the imbalance. And you know from private conversations, what I believe to be the root cause of any dog's issues. Good luck!♥

onecollie said...

thanks Dianne ! ♥

WigglyZack said...

It must be very stressful. My old Cavalier had problems as a young dog and I had to submit at least 3 consecutive fecal samples as just one sample do not always show up any bacteria or protozoa depending on the life stage. Hope things sort themselves out for you. It is very unfortunate you are having to go through this. I will keep my fingers crossed for Kort and you.