Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ramblings



I am just jotting down some thoughts for my records & to keep my mind straight :))
I started Kort on raw Dec 31, 2010...nothing was working for him in regards to his chronic diarrhea so I figured, what the heck, it can't hurt!
Wow, what a roller coaster , he was great for 3 weeks, but for the last 5 weeks he has had diarrhea everyday....yes, EVERYDAY!....now think about this for a minute, I have had to clean up his messes inside the house, outside the house, & on him, everyday for 5 weeks. There have been many nights where he has gotten me out of bed numerous times to go out. The messes are when I am at work, he has had to go so bad he couldn't hold it :(
I have never heard so many different opinions on a subject in my life! No 2 people agree on what I should or shouldn't be feeding. I have thrown away, & given away, more food then I care to remember. I have bought more variety of foods, & cooked more things then I ever thought possible ! Nothing has worked.
I am not going to discuss what I am doing now, I am doing what I think is best for Kort at this point. I don't want to be swayed by any other thoughts.
I am hopeful things will work out.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am sorry to hear that Kort has been having all these food problems. He is such a lovely boy and continues to look healthy despite these problems....but its sure been a lot of work for you

onecollie said...

thanks Judy....he does seem totally healthy doesn't he !
It just boggles my mind why he just can't keep stuff "in"...our vet said though that it would just be a matter of time before it gets the best of him if this continues....here's hoping things will improve !

Squishy said...

Good luck Jolene. Not fun.