Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day !!

This was Tate on Canada Day last year, how different this year is! Last year Brad was already in Lethbridge working, so it was just Tate & I celebrating...this year is very different, I now live in Lethbridge, & we have Kort!
Here's some pictures from this morning "before" the torrential rains began!!

Having your picture taken is obviously exhausting work!!........
Then, the sky opened & it began to rain & rain, & rain!!.....these were taken at the end of my street, ....my 6ft 3" husband had to stand on top of a wooden box to take them !!
In these, you can see a girl trying to make it to her car, she's up to her waist in water!.......
Definately a Canada Day I'll remember!!!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Your dogs are very cute! Diana

Dan L. Johnson said...

Amazing. We had some ponding in the street over by Henderson Lake, but nothing like these photos. Is it south side?

(I came across your photos by google Lethbridge Rain Canada Day)

Dan

onecollie said...

Hi Dan....I'm on the West side.....by the Univercity....glad you checked out the blog!

Deb said...

oh my gosh, Jolene...
Tate and Kort look so adorable in their patriotic bandanas... Kort looks so settled in!!!!

Sarah said...

wow crazy pics!! glad you are OK, i got calls from and an email from people asking if we were OK!

KORT is sooooo cute, I need to see him!!!