Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ears!!!

Well, today was the day that I finally had to remove the brace & moleskin from Kort's ears. They were original from when I picked him up from the breeders & they were starting to fall out. It is the only thing about having a collie that I dislike....dealing with those ears for 6 months or so. It is scary because if you do them improperly , you can wreck your show puppies ears! Yikes!
So, after 45 min . of a listening to a screaming wiggly puppy, (he's just a brat, not in pain!) I got them removed!! Yippee for me! Then, I got on the phone with Dave , Kort's breeder to give him my thoughts on how "well" he put them in!! Dave was his usual happy self, & in the middle of whelping a litter too!......he calmed me down & told me what to buy to remove the adhesive with ease! Thank you Dave!!! You would think I have never had a show collie before, I did both Drake & Tate's ears, & they turned out pretty good, don't know what my problem is this time, yeesh!
I have included a few pictures of Kort with his ears out, I will be putting them back in tommorrow, so I thought everyone would like to see how different he looks without his little "nubs"......hopefully putting them in will be easier then taking them out!

3 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

awww, he looks much more innocent! :o) I bet it feels good to have the air at them! Are you going to put them back in the same way?

Katie J said...

Awww Kort, you're such a cutie!
I still like my initial reaction to hearing about the ears...
"You have to do what?!?!?"
LOL I'm sticking to flop-eared Goldens :-)

miradukesadie said...

lol!! Can you do Sadies ears so she looks more like a fox terrier!!!