Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fun Day

Today I did something fun on my day off! Jenny Glen invited Tate & I out to watch some herding lessons being given by Jenny's husband Scott on the Alta-Pete farm. I had never been there before so I asked if I could follow along behind Amanda & Jolayne. Well, if you are already an Albertan, then you know you are all crazy speed freaks!!! In Ontario our highways are 90 kmp mostly....soooo, we get on the highway & it's 110, cool.....but 110 isn't fast enough, yikes!!, I did manage to get to 120 but that was it, eventually they realized old pokey was wayyyy behind & they waited for me to catch up. On the way home, I followed Sara out to the highway, but then that was it... bye bye Sarah!! I did enjoy my highway drive however, I put on an old Eagle's tape( yes, I said tape, my van is a 1990 ! ) & sang my way home, much to Tate's dismay, poor Tate, he has to put up with my singing!
Anyway, it was loads of fun watching all the dogs herd, Tate came out for a visit with Jenny & he got his picture taken. I will post the picture's when they become available. I did not have to go too near the big BAAA'D sheep, so I was happy, however there was alot of sheep poop on the ground! Yucky!!
I should have gotten pictures of the chickens, they were as fascinated with Tate as Tate was with them.....hey, maybe I could do chicken herding, at least I'm not afraid of them!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

haha I'm glad you had a good day! Yes you should try Tate next time, yes I agree the sheep can be scary I got stepped on a couple times yesterday!

LOL yes we "albertans" like to drive fast!!!!

onecollie said...

YOU can take Tate in if you like, heehee!! I'm really not into the herding thing, too whimpy,...
hey, did that picture of Tate turn out?? Amanda has my e-mail if you want to send it to me, thanks!!