Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Early morning walk

This morning I had to start work at 8 am. I have been very spoiled since moving to Lethbridge, I was fortunate to be able to take a well deserved rest from working for 5 months!! It was great!! I have just started working again 3 weeks ago, part time, from 2:30-5:30 which is perfect. Anyway, today I was needed early , which meant I had to get up at 5:30 am.....I walk Tate twice a day, everyday, without fail. It can be raining or snowing, 40 below or 80 above, but Tate still gets walked, I'm just like the postman!! This was my first early morning walk in Lethbridge in the dark. In Thunder Bay at 6 am there would be tons of people on the roads in my neighbourhood, but here it was dead silent!... spooky even......we were on our way back home, when Tate's hackles go up & he tenses, nose in the air sniffing. First of all, for those of you that know Tate, his hackles never go up, he is very happy go lucky & not much phases him. So, when this happened I almost @#$# myself!!!! So now I'm thinking, is there a person hiding in the bushes?? Of course if I had thought a bit I would have realized that not many people, including "stalkers" are out at 6 am, just in case someone is out walking their dog! Well after a few minutes the culprint emerged from the bushes....a big old deer.....I keep forgetting it's Lethbridge & deer just freely roam the streets......
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!

1 comment:

Emma said...

What a cute dog

I also love animals!