Friday, October 3, 2008

A Natural ???? !!!


Posted by Picasa
This morning while out on my walk with Tate & Kort, we spotted a deer. It's that time of year when they are coming up to eat all the apples on the ground. This was the first deer that Kort has seen, he watched it silently, then the deer hopped away....Kort put his nose in the air, then dropped his head & immediately began to track the deer!! I was so darn excited!! Tracking is one of my favourite dog sports & I am about to start Kort....Tate is more visual, I had to teach him to drop his head & track, Kort did it naturally, & was he ever pulling me!! I can hardly wait to start him!

5 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

did it snow on the westside :o)

haha!

that is good about Kort. I will bring the books back tonite for you before you leave work. Sorry to keep forgetting them!

amanda- not wendy

onecollie said...

very funny amanda-not Wendy!

jurneecollie said...

Boy Jolene...Donna would be so proud of Kort!

onecollie said...

I know!!!

Donna Brinkworth said...

I AM PROUD! That is exciting Jolene! Sometimes they show their style before you start. My GSD pup Caden is "head up" and running into fresh scent. So I am going to try him in Search & Rescue because I think he is a trailing dog, not a tracking dog. I can't wait for Caden to meet Kort! Caden just turned 8 months old. Kort sounds like a natural, just as you say!