Monday, October 27, 2008

The "Ears" are winning!

I am being worn down by Kort's ears, it's true! I try & try, but he keeps getting the darn things out! For instance, both ears came out at the same time Fri. night, it was late, I was tired, so I waited until Sat. to put them in. I put Kort on the table, do all my necessary things, take him off the table & bamm, one of the ears have let loose! Ok, I take a deep breath, put him back on the table, fix the ear, take him off the table, turn around to do something, look back, & you guessed it, BOTH ears are out!! I wanted to cry! So, I ended up sticking hair to hair, which I hate doing, I think it pulls & it matts the hair too. At this point however I just wanted them done!! Teething should be over soon, hopefully I can leave them out for a bit then...until that time I'll tough it out.
Toughing it out has it's benefits....Tate has lovely tipped ears, even in the heavy Lethbridge winds, his stay tipped over! I know the right one looks high, but as collies age they do go higher, it's still tipped though!!

4 comments:

Diana said...

The ear thing drove me crazy too. When gluing the ears down, the dogs would play and someone always pulled the ears off. That drove me crazy because it had to hurt. So I decided to use ear weight and glue. Its much easier and the ears are free. The dog doesnt seem to mind it. It would last about 3 weeks and then fall off. I think my shelties ears look fine but I dont show her. Diana

manymuddypaws said...

it has been a never ending a battle with those ears!!!

i will send you the photos from saturday today!

Sarah said...

get a floppy eared dog, then you never have to worry about it! hehe!!!

you are a very patient person!!!

onecollie said...

I agree Sarah, smooth coated & floppy eared!!