Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tate gets to Play!

Today Go!DogGo! hosted an agiltiy fun match out at Bogdan's & I decided to take Tate out to have some fun. As you know Tate is having problems with arthritis so I retired him from agility one year ago. I just went to have fun & let him play, he jumped only 6" & Tate had a blast. He even surprised me by jumping off the end of the teeter before it had even dropped to the ground, maybe he was having a little too much fun! Other then that he was a good boy despite my horrible handling, gosh I suck!! I am out of practise for sure, at one point after I had made too many mistakes, Tate got a bit flustered, Amanda stepped in & got him going again....I think he was ready to run the course with Amanda, seeing as she knew what she was doing!!
Kort came out to socialize & cheer Tate on...& cheer him on he did, barking the whole time we were running!
I looked back & found pictures from our very first CKC trial in July 05......this was Tate's first leg in novice, & a first place in 24"!!......
Here we are in the ring waiting, something went wrong with the timer just as we entered, very nerve racking for a novice!......
The start, we had no lead out stay yet!......
Dogwalk......
Tire......obviously a professional photo!
Table, you can't really see it, but I was making a teepee with my hands to keep him sitting!!, I didn't even know I was doing it until my friends laughed about it after!......
Tunnel......
First leg!! High Score!!......
It is so much fun to go back & remember that day & how far we've come!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

He did great, it was nice to see him run!!! And that Kort is way toooooo cute!

Hey funny, your runs was at the Flat-coat specialty!!!!

HAHA!!!!

jurneecollie said...

It was nice to see Tate doing what he loves to do. We are looking forward to agility with our dogs...Jurnee has already done the tunnel and just did the tire at classes this week...he loved it.

Paws on the Run said...

I wish I had been able to see Tate run. Amanda said he was great though!