Thursday, October 30, 2008

Road Trip

Well tomorrow is my first "dog show" trip since I moved to Alberta!!! I am sooo excited! I should be packing but I can't get into it, so, I will get up early & pack tomorrow. Tate will be competing in Rally Excellent....he got his 1st 2 legs in Sept. 07 but there hasn't been a trial for me to get to so I could finish up his title, until now. I only entered 2 of the 3 days so I hope I can pull off a pass at least one day! We haven't practised at all! I know, bad, but really, he knows the stuff, maybe going in cold turkey will work to my advantage, or not!!! We'll see I guess!
Kort gets to come too, thanks to the new rule about allowing puppies under 6 mo. to be on exhibition , as long as you have a dog entered in a regular class. It will be good for him to see the sights & smells of a show. I will be putting him in the van when I take Tate in the ring though, I'm not taking any chances that he might bark while I'm in there.
I'm not so sure about spending 2 nights in a motel with Kort either!! He has a tendency to bark at every little noise....I doubt if I'll get much sleep...but that's all the fun of dogs shows isn't it?!
Well I guess I should think about going to bed, tomorrow morning will come quick enough......keep your paws crossed for us!

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

i think that Tate will do great- he is the kind of dog that less practice is better. You'll do fine!

And Kort, well, maybe you should back your ear plugs!