Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Year Later

This week is filled with tons of mixed emotions for me.... one year ago today, Brad & I packed up our house & headed West! It has been a great move for both of us, I love being here, love all the wonderful people I have met, & I have made some good friends! I have a great job that I actually enjoy going to! But, it has also been a year since I have seen my family...except for Debra, who lives in Sherwood Park, before I never saw her! It is hardest not seeing my mom, I really miss her. Our family always celebrated holidays together, it was very strange not to have a big feast on Thanksgiving this year!
Here are a few pictures from my last day in Thunder Bay.....
Moving Day, Brad & Tate in the U Haul, Tate was worried I would leave him behind!......
The yard full of boxes & furniture to be loaded, you can see my sister to the right, taking a break to play with Tate......
Every room looked like this, boxes piled sky high!......
This is the side of our house which was "Tate's yard", it was huge, I miss that!!, so does Tate......
Even though I miss my family, I do not miss the Thunder Bay weather!! & the cold winters! I think I am a true Albertan now!

6 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

It doesn't take long to learn to love Alberta - despite the brown, flat ground! I'll take sunshine over rain any day. I do miss the mountains, but at least I can kind of see them from here!

jurneecollie said...

We know it's been a year...whenever we drive by your old street we still expect to see a black collie walking down the street and always know it's Tate...our heads always turned.

We miss you and know what you mean about missing your mom...and family gatherings.

You're new friends sound great...we have been on your work blog and also your other friends.

onecollie said...

they are a great bunch for sure!,
but I do miss you guys, & all the collie talk!!!

manymuddypaws said...

and we're happy to have you! you sure you don't mind the winds here though? i seem to remember some complaining the other day :o)

onecollie said...

ah yes, the winds.....nothing like them anywhere else....I do not like the wind!

Sarah said...

i'm glad you are adjusting well, to the dry, flat windy climate!!!!

on the up side the collies look pretty in the wind :)