Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tate the Show Dog!

I love showing my collies....getting them all pouffed up & looking handsome! You have to do it with an open mind however, it's just one judges personal opinion...if you can't handle loosing, don't show your dog! My collie Drake won everytime he stepped in the ring( I should say "almost" everytime he got in the ring!!) ,there was this occasion I remember, when my good friends Michelle & Monique entered their collie Keeper, he beat Drake that day & finished his championship!!...Drake had attitude & was one handsome dog....Tate on the other hand is a gorgeous collie, however, he is tri colour.I find alot of judges do not like the colour . I didn't show Tate as much as I did Drake, Tate was more interested in the performance events, but when I did show him he sure made me proud!
These pictures were taken by my husband who was sitting in the bleachers....they are my favourites! It was June 2005.
Tate in the ring with the winners dog behind him, Tate was already a champion so he was competeing for Best of Breed......
This one shows the winners female running down the diagonal......
Here you can see the judge checking out the winners male, he had just finished looking at Tate......
We won Best of Breed, now we are competing in the herding group...... We won a 4th in Group on this day, Whoo Hoo!!!
By the way, did anyone notice that both the winners dog, & winners female were tri coloured?? This judge definately likes the colour!

3 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Wow, you in a skirt. ;) That is probably about as common as me in a skirt.

jurneecollie said...

You are right Jolene...we remember Drake lived for the show ring..he always stood out especially with that mahongany coat of his. (he had the best...best ears ever!)

We would have liked to see Tate in the show ring (do regret that) but he looked great in the pictures...love to see more show pictures of him.

onecollie said...

I'll see what I can do!!!
And Wendy, I always where a skirt in the show ring!!!